Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Note to Gramma and Grampa

I know that I send you my emails to my family, but I feel like I should write you a little something extra!

And maybe once you get to Russia, I will write you actual letters, it is cheaper, and faster to send letters within Europe than to the U.S. But maybe it will be too expensive since you will be way east in Russia, and not Moscow.

I had a friend who spent a few months in Russia last year (I'm not sure if it was study abroad, or if she was teaching English or what she was doing) and I know that she loved every minute of it, and that she was really sad to leave all the people. I'm sure that you will love it just as much, if not more.

My last week at the MTC in Spain, we kept expecting a missionary from Russia to show up. I think that the missionaries have to leave the country to renew their visas or something, so sometimes they go to the MTC for a few days during that process. I don't think she ever came while I was there, but maybe there will be a chance that you will have to come to Spain while I am here! Wouldn't that be fun!

I know that you will be amazing missionaries in Russia! And that you will love every minute of it! All of the missionaries I have met have a special love for the senior missionaries, (plus we are all a little jealous since your rules are way less strict than ours. For example, the senior sisters who were at the MTC with us could leave whenever they wanted and see the city, and one would take the elevator up to dinner and the other would take the stairs. I had to be with my companions all the time, so if one insisted on the elevator, we would have to take the elevator.) But we love the senior missionaries regardless.

Good luck with all of your preparations, these next three months will go really fast.

Love you lots! Amber

1 comment:

  1. Amber's Gramma and Grampa Webb got a mission call to the Russia Novosibirsk Mission, reporting July 25, 2011. We are all very excited and couldn't wait to tell Amber! It was fun to see that she is excited for them, too!

    ReplyDelete