Monday, November 12, 2012

October 29, 2012

Hello everybody!
We got our transfer calls today!  Hna. Cardoza and I are staying together for another transfer!
We're pretty excited!
This week has been pretty good!
We've gotten to spend some time with some more members this week, which is always good.  We've only had three Sundays of actual church this transfer, so I still feel like I'm meeting people. 
We found a few more people to teach.  It looks like there is some good potential in all of them.  (Plus I'm trying to be optimistic and have the faith that all will get baptized!)  I've learned that as long as missionaries have the faith, that the Lord will work miracles!  So if I have the faith and am opitmistic, the Lord will take care of the rest.  But that if I think that some one isn't going to get baptized then I am probably right.
We've found quite a few new people, but we haven't been able to get back to see them.  I think that is my least favorite part of missionary work.  Setting the return appointments, and them not being home, and then trying and trying and never finding them.  We do have a lot of people in the area that work a ton.  They are never home!  It's crazy how much some people work!
And we've been working with some less actives.  Some are a little more willing to come to church than others, but we are helping them come back, and we are not giving up on anyone just yet. 
We had stake conference this weekend.  It was really good!  Everyone seemed to enjoy it!
The branch, and the english wards in the building, had a trunk or treat on Friday night.  It was really cold!  All of the members have told us that winter has officially begun.  The cold isn't too bad, it just has this nasty bitterness to it.  I'm going to blame that on the humidity.  Although Hna. Cardoza says it feels just like spring time in Seattle.  Last night, a member asked us why we weren't shivering.  We told him that is because we are used to the cold, and that this is nothing!
Well, I think that's about it for now!
Love you lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment