Wednesday, August 8, 2012

July 9, 2012

Happy Wedding Week Everybody!
I can't decide whose week is going to be busier, yours or mine!  
 
Today we have zone activity, so that should be fun, as well as special zone conferences.   Plus next Monday is when Pres. Ashton will get here, so we've got a few more meetings planned out for this month.  
 
This week has been pretty good.  We had zone meeting this week, which is always fun.  July 4th was an intersting work day.  We had been given permission to do our last hour of studies at 8:00 rather than in the morning, if we would find it too hard to go out and work with all the festivites.  But because it was a holiday, there were plenty of people to talk too.  And we were able to schedule some appointments that night, but they were both Spanish appointments, because Hispanics don't really celebrate the Fourth of July.  But the next day, there was absolutely nobdoy in the street, and all of our appointments fell through, we even had a member to come with us.  
 
Last night was the special investigator devotional.  Once a month the zone has a devotional where recently baptized members can share their testimonies and experiences with investigators of the church.  We had two investigators (one Spanish and one English) who came.  It was really good and they really liked it.  Plus, we got asked to find someone to do the special musical number, but our member was unable to help us at the last minute, so we sang.  It was a little nerve racking.  I much prefer sitting behind the piano where I don't have to look at people, but I think we did ok.  (I couldn't just sit behind the piano and make my companion sing all by herself!)
 
I think even crazier than Brenna getting married is that I will be turning 23 this week.  Still not sure if I'm ok with that.  It's too old.  Plus it's weird to think that if I hadn't gotten sick that I would be flying home tomorrow.  (not that I'm bitter about having a few more months in the mission, just that it's weird that my MTC companions are coming home.)  
 
We're still getting things figured out as we work on combining the areas.  It seemed like all the English investigators just fell off the face of the earth.  I think with it being a holiday and all there were a lot of people who were out of town, or super busy, or had family, or whatnot.  So I can't tell you about any of them.  
 
We've got one real solid Spanish investigator though.  He really likes coming to church, and came to the devotional last night.  Plus, he has a million questions for us everytime we go over there.  We're still working on answering them all.
Well....I can't really think of anything else.  
 
Hope everything goes well this week!
Love, Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment