Monday, August 13, 2012

August 13, 2012 - Transferred!

Well it's been a crazy, but good week.  
 
First off, I'm now in Memorial West.  It's an English ward.  I'm really excited for a new experience.  The Bilingual area was cool, but this will be full English.  We'll see how much Spanish I keep :)  
 
My new companion is Sis. Peck.  She's from Bountiful, and has three brothers and sisters.  She goes home when I do, so it's been a fun week.  Our transfers were a little crazy because Sis. Peck's companion didn't get put on the transfer list, so they weren't at transfer meeting.  I had to be companions with the other sister's new companion until we could drive up to the apartment and pack all her stuff.  It was kinda crazy!  
 
My new area was part of a van area, so we get to drive around a mini van.  There had been two sets of elders serving in the same ward, and they were both bike areas, so on P-days they had to pick up all the missionaries to do shopping and stuff.  But they consolidated the areas, so now there is just one companionship, so we only have to give them the van when they need it.  It's kinda weird being a missionary and driving a mini-van, but it's kinda fun at the same time!
 
We've got a few people to teach here, and a couple of really good recent converts that we are still working with.  We are always looking for more people, and we are really focusing on working with less actives.  
 
Sounds like everything is crazy with school coming up and what not.  
 
The weather is definitely getting cooler.  It's weird to think that summer's almost over.
It is still ridiculously humid though...and I'm still not used to it.  (I am missing the nice ocean breeze though!)
 
Well, I don't think there is much else going on, we just keep on working!
Love you lots!
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment