Wednesday, August 8, 2012

August 6, 2012

Well, today our transfer calls came....
and I'm being transfered!
 
I'm excited to go see a new area, and I will most likely be heading up to the city! I'm going to miss the island though.
 
But I'm a little sad to leave some of our investigators, as usual.  This week, we've been working with one of our Spanish investigators.  He asks a ton of questions, usually good ones, and is reading in the Book of Mormon.  Also, he really likes coming to church.  He said before he met with us, he would hope that someone would call him with some work for him to do, but now, he hopes that no one calls him so he can come to church!  Plus, he's getting to be friends with the members that we bring over.
 
We have also really been focusing on the less actives of the area, using the new finding method!  It's pretty fun!  Plus missionaries are a lot less scary when they are asking and showing that they care about someone's neighbor.  So people are generally a little bit nicer. 
 
We also started teaching this cute 18 yr old.  Her dad sent the missionaries over.  After we had taught her, and answered some of her questions, we invited her to say the prayer.  And it was so awesome.  One of the most sincere prayers I've ever heard from an invesigator.  We are really excited for her.  
 
We've been working more and more every day, just working on getting back to full strength, although I'm not reallly allowed to ride a bike right now, so we've been in the car a lot.  Which is good for my tummy, just not the best way to do missionary work in Galveston.
 
It's been really hot, but I think it's mostly the humidity that is killing me.  And I guess it isn't as bad as it was last year, so I'm just counting my blessings.  
 
Well, I think that's about it for now!
Love you all lots!
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment