Monday, May 21, 2012

May 14, 2012

Hello Everyone!
 
I know it feels a little weird to write to you all right after the phone calls yesterday.  But we do get some time!
 
I'm glad I look better,  My weight is still not what it was before I left, but I don't feel like I need to get there.  I'm ok with where I'm at.  
 
I totally believe that they eat a lot of mangoes in Honduras.  I've heard they get to be super cheap here during the summer!  So I'm kinda excited for that.  We actually teach quite a few people from Honduras here, so I often throw in that my cousin is serving there.  We like to show people that the church is the same no matter where you go, so using other missionaries is a great way to do that.
 
We found a great little family last week.  He really wants to be able to set aside Sundays.  He's a mechanic, and has his own business, so he works a lot, but he's noticed that his friends who make the sacrifice to go to a church on Sunday seem to be happier than he is right now, so he wants to be able to make the change.  And his wife really likes what we are teaching.  They do their reading, and have some great questions!  He even told us not to answer some of them because he wants to read the Book of Mormon and figure them out by himself!  They have two daughters  ages 10 & 5.  So they are a cute little family.
 
This week is transfers, and I'm getting transferred!  I can't tell you where yet, but next week I will! 
 
Hope everyone is doing great!
 
Love you all!
Amber


No comments:

Post a Comment