Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Hot and Busy Week

Hello!

First off, I got an email today from the office. The Hermanas get to pick when they come home. The actual 18 month date is in the middle of transfers, and the let the Hermanas choose to come home before or after their anniversary date. And the office would like to know sooner rather than later, so I would like to know when law school starts. (Just a heads up, can we start working on the law school application in like Sept. or Oct. I think there is an early admission program...) Anyway, I need to know when law school starts so I can tell the office when I would like to come home. The dates I have to choose between are July 10 or August 21 (2012). Just let me know, and then I can let the office know, and you as well. I actually got this same email when I was in the MTC, and told the office that I was applying to law school, and that the law school decision would affect my decision, and that I wouldn't know until April, but I got another email, and the church like to know months in advance so they can take care of all the logistical stuff. So I would like to know when law school starts, and if it is possible, when I would find out about admission decisions if I apply through an early admission program.

We are so excited to be teaching our new family! All of them came to church on Sunday! And this week we are going to invite them to be baptized! We can't set an actual date because the couple isn't married, but I don't think that it will really be a problem. They want to get married but haven't gotten around to it yet is what it sounds like. We can set a date for the nephews, so we will see. They have so many good questions in the lessons, and all of them had a good experience at church. And the nephews are going to the Young Men activity this weekend. We are so excited about this family.

Today is going to be a little bit crazy. We are going to Leganes to a BBQ with other missionaries. And afterwards, we are going to a birthday party for one of the members. The family of Josetty (the member who let me use her computer for the mother's day call) aren't members. The father won't let his daughters get baptized. And they are really good friends with a family in the branch. The kids are about the same age. Anyways, we were invited to the surprise party. So we asked the member to bring her family to a lesson that we are going to teach. I think it will be fun!

Last Sunday, we were invited to the house of one of the members for some treats, and we had a "mini" lesson with one of the less actives he had invited. So this week we asked if we could bring other less actives to their party. We had an interesting little lesson and testimony meeting. We end up spending more time with the members than a normal lesson, but so far we like being able to take the investigators and especially the less actives to the houses of members for a little bit of socializing.

We found three in-actives in the past few weeks. Two of them we contacted in the street. And the other we found through an old investigator. Hna. Marín and started teaching the investigator before I got here, but they could never get another lesson with him. Then one day, we ran into him in the street, and had a lesson on a bench. We called him to set up an appointment, but had a hard time getting in touch with him. His friend answered the phone, and told Hna. Marín that he is a member. We have had a few lessons with all of them, but none of them have come to church yet.

Monday, we went to a member's house for lunch. It was my first real dinner appointment. We ate with an older couple who live in one of the towns. The food was so good! And it was fun to eat with the members. Here in Guadalajara we don't eat with the members very often. But in other areas it happens quite frequently. Some weeks we don't have much socializing after our district meetings because the elders have to leave for dinner appointments.

It has been so hot here the past couple of days. I think that summer is officially here. We are going to have to be really smart with how we plan our days so that we aren't out in the street during the hottest part of the day. We do have mediodía from about 2-4, but we have more time we have to plan for. We've started carrying water in our bags, and I'm going to have to start putting sunscreen on every day.

Glad to hear that everyone is doing great! Even if you are all a little busy!
Love, Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment