Monday, June 4, 2012

Tri-Mission Conference and a New Stake in Houston!

Hello family!
 
I was sad to hear about Gramma Bobbie.  There has always been a part of me that assumed she would just live forever! 
 
This week has been pretty crazy.  We had a zone meeting this week.  That was a lot of fun.  We learned some new ways to share the gospel with people!  It is just what we were hoping to learn from zone meeting: how to get more people to listen!  
 
Then on Saturday, we drove up to Houston for a Tri-mission conference.  Elder Paul Johnson of the seventy was in town for our special meeting yesterday, and  had a few hours free in his schedule, so he decided to speak with the missionaries!  The missionaries from the other two Houston missions came as well.   And I finally got to meet Sis. Cable!  She was there, and was looking for me!  He also had a few area authorities with him.  It was a really good meeting!  
 
Yesterday, they created the 18th stake in Houston.  Which is why that meeting was so historic.  In order to create this stake, they had to shift like 6 other stakes around.   Our stake lost a ward or two to different stakes (it may have even been the new stake) so we were invited to go, even though nothing changed for us down here.  It was not a Spanish-only thing like I had orginially anticipated.  I don't really know why I thought that.  But it was fun to be there, and to see how excited the members were for the growth of the church in Houston!
 
But there was a lot of traveling this week!
 
But I had heard about it in my last area, and their  Spanish stakes were affected, so I guess that's how I got things all mixed up. 
 
We are going to have a baptism this week!  We are pretty excited.  Galveston is a tough area, so we are very excited for her!
 
I don't really have much else to say, there wasn't a whole lot going on this week.
Love you lots!
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment