Monday, June 25, 2012

An Awesome Week!

Hello Family!!!!
It is crazy to think that a whole transfer has gone by.  Today they called us to tell us that my companion, Hna. Worthen, is getting transferred.  I'll be staying here though, so I'm kinda excited to see who my new companion will be.  
Our new mission president isn't coming until the middle of July.  His wife is pregnant, and is due at the beginning of July, so they won't be coming out until after that.  I don't know of any other big meetings that we are having, other than this week's transfer meeting.  (Which should be fairly well attended, there are a lot of missionaries leaving/coming in this transfer. )
I can't believe that July is just around the corner.  We stopped to talk to some people yesterday who were putting up their 4th of July decorations.  Which really just made me think that my birthday is just a few weeks away as well.  I can't believe I'm going to be 23, it just sounds so old.  But after my birthday is the wedding.  I hadn't really thought about that until just now as I was reading your email.  
We got a storm watch text last week.  It looked like there was a storm headed our way, but today we got an email from the office saying that this storm probably won't make it to us.  It is supposed to get pretty hot this week.  But it does stay a little cooler (about 5 degrees) here in Galveston, as opposed to in Houston, so that's good.  
Work wise we had an awesome week!  We found a couple new investigators, one of which accepted a date, and had two people come to church!  We also had some really good lessons this week.  We took one of our investigators out to a member's house, and ate dinner with them, and then had a lesson!  It was an amazing lesson.  We are going back out there tonight with him for a FHE.  
We also did some service for our landlord.  Our complex is pretty small, just a few apartments, so we are always willing to help with whatever.  One of the apartments was vacated last week, so we asked if we could help get it ready to rent again.  He asked if we would be willing to help paint.  So Hna. Worthen and I went down one day and started painting, but we realized that it would take us way to long to paint it all, so we invited the rest of our district over.  It was a great district wide service project!  
I think that is about it for this week!
Love you lots!
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment